The object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- the development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- high ethical standards in business and professions;
- the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations;
- and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society;
- the application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life;
- the advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideals of service.